By clicking “I Agree” , You agree that the information set forth on this website is in no way construed as medical advice. The techniques shown are for reference only and may not be applicable to you or your present medical condition. You further agree that you will first consult your primary physician or care giver before attempting any of these techniques. You also understand that attempting any of these techniques without the express permission of your primary physician or care giver may result in injury or death. You furthermore agree that you will in no way hold Medi Mall, Inc, MediMassager.com or Carl Marino responsible or liable for any injury or physical harm of any kind that may occur as a result of you attempting these advanced techniques.
Signup for our newsletter by Physical Therapist, Carl Marino, PT
Plantar fasciitis is like a tendinitis of the arch of the foot but involves the fascia tissue as well. It is an inflammatory condition that creates pain on weight bearing as the arch of the foot stretches. However, the inflammation causes edema and tightness of all the tissues within the arch and the treatment is much like that of tendinitis.
1. Start with ice 10-15 minutes for ice or cold pack on the arch. If you can’t tolerate the cold use a cooling cream such as Sombra cooling gel.
2. Prior to using the Medimassager foot unit I prefer to use soothing therapeutic oils such as lavender or vanilla.
3. Begin using the MEDImassager foot massager on a low setting for the first minute or two. Then slowly bring up the speed to the most comfortable setting or where it feels the best to you. Use the massager over the general area that is hurting for 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the whole foot is relaxing, place the arch of the foot on the arch bar at the top of the foot massager and move it forward and back at a slow rate. Do this as long as it takes to get a good stretch on the arch but stop if it feels too uncomfortable for any reason.
5. Then I usually apply some Biofreeze lotion to cool the area which will help take more pain away.
6. Perhaps the product that best complement the Medimassager foot unit is the Pro-Tec night splint which you wear at night and it gently stretches the plantar fascia allowing it to heal.Associated Products: